Daily Retreat: Day 1 ~ Eve of Darkness

1. What did you learn about yourself after reading?

Today's reading is about our Trust in God. This was first broken by our first parents - Eve & then Adam, who believed the LIES propagated by Satan, the serpent (Gen 3:1-5). These lies casted doubt upon God's goodness which prompted our first parents to disobey God and ultimately resulted to the fall of humanity (time of darkness).

After reading this, I came to the realization that, like Eve, I am susceptible to deception and temptation, especially when it comes to my regular vices of materialism, narcissism, greed, pride, and lust. These sins frequently burdened me, and like Adam and Eve, I frequently hid from God. I often become busy and give priority to my earthly tasks rather than praying and setting aside time to make amends with him. When I realized I had offended God, I felt sorrowful. As a dedicated Christian (BCBP member), I should always give Him honor and glorification, cultivate my connection with him (via prayers, scripture readings, etc.), and repent of my sins. I should totally trust God since, as the Catechism teaches, all sin involves a lack of faith in God's goodness.

2. What did you learn about God?

I discovered how amazing God's mercy is. He is a merciful and enduringly loving God. Even though our forebears sinned, He already had wonderful plans to save us, and one of those plans involved His son Jesus Christ. God solely cares about our best interests. Although it may seem like He is not responding to our petitions at times, there are actually three possible responses: "Yes," "No, I have bigger plans for you," or "Wait." God is really the source of our life, and entering His kingdom is what we ultimately aim to do. It is only appropriate that we commit our entire life to serving Him and place all of our trust in Him.

My love for Him is currently pouring in my heart. Oh Father God, how I love you. Send your Holy Spirit to me so that I might be led and kept from sin. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, I was protected from harm!

Online Diary